We’ve all been there. You are super excited for your city trip and then you look at the weather. It’s going to rain for three days straight. There goes your enthusiasm. We will share with you our tips for staying happy during your city trip even when it rains.
We are currently in Copenhagen (Denmark) and it’s been raining all day long. These are our tips for surviving your city trip when it rains:
- Start your day by remembering why you are in this city and what you want to see. It’s important to keep this in mind. Maybe you want to just explore the city or check out the museums. You can still do everything that is on your list if you stay positive. Check the weather report on your phone and try to adjust your schedule to the forecast (if you have a schedule, we normally don’t). If you have some museums planned do them while it’s raining.
- Dress in layers. If it’s raining you are going to get wet, even if you use an umbrella. So wear a t-shirt, with a blouse and some thermic underclothing if it’s cold. A scarf is the most essential clothing piece for me! Always wear shoes that are waterproof!
- Take a (hot) shower break before you go to bed. You’ll forget all the rain and your hair will look better afterwards.
- Take more breaks so you can get dry. Enjoy a chai latte in a hip spot, have a coffee in a lounge bar, …
Instead of eating 2 big meals, try eating small bites at different places. This way you’ll find some really cool spots in the city to tell your friends about and you tastes most of the local delicacies.
- The last one is definitely the most important one. Don’t let the weather ruin your mood or trip!